Out of all the fantastic destinations to choose for your vacation, why pick the Caribbean? Never mind the allure of turquoise water, white powdery sand, and the taste of freshly caught fish, will you really be happy you chose a sunny island?
Here are five major highlights of a Caribbean vacation:
1) The Weather: With temperatures almost never dipping below 70 degrees Fahrenheit even in winter, the Caribbean offers a sunny repose for northerners during the harsh winter months. Considering the beautiful climate, it is not surprising that high season on island, or when the most tourists visit, is from late November to Early April. The water holds an ever-pleasant warmth and the sea breeze offers relief from the Caribbean sun. Have a flexible travel schedule? Travel to the islands during the Fall months to capture discounted rates!
2) The Sea: I know I said to forget the sea and sand, but the beauty of the water and the world beneath the waves is why over 25 million people flock to the Caribbean each year. Scuba diving, snorkeling, fishing, sailing; people love to be in the warm sea. With the third largest coral reef in the world, the Mesoamerican Reef, these many islands of the Caribbean are home to a wide array of sea life. One of my favorite things to do is kayak over the reefs and through the coves, it is a great way to see sea turtles, manta rays, fish, etc. Paddle boards are also great since they give you an elevated view and great perspective.
3) The Dining: Fresh fish anyone? Grouper, Snapper, Lobster, Conch, the list of fresh delicious seafood goes on and on. Local seasonings and spices add to the wide variety of Caribbean dishes. From local fried plantains to gourmet bistros, even the smallest islands can boast some amazing restaurants. Eat some fresh conch fritters and have a rum punch to really taste the Caribbean!
4) Luxury Travel – The turquoise water gently lapping on the white sand is the perfect back ground to your private massage. With countless spas and luxury vacation villas and resorts, the Caribbean is a major destination for luxury travel. Yacht charters, sailing excursions, and other luxury water craft are all amazing experiences sure to please everyone.
5) The Convenience – More and more direct flights are added to the Caribbean islands each year, with additional one stop flights making stops through Atlanta and Miami. The proximity (just 2.5 hours from Atlanta) is a huge convenience for travelers, especially from the East Coast. Another convenience for islands such as Turks and Caicos and Puerto Rico is their currency of the US Dollar. English is the main language for many islands, and others often have many locals with a great grasp of the language.
Have questions about Caribbean Travel or the Turks and Caicos Islands? One of our villa specialists would love to chat! TC Villas offers beachfront vacation rental villas on the island of Providenciales, Turks and Caicos. You can find our villas at TC Villas. Contact TC Villas at at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone from 9-5 EST at 1.877.467.4858 to book your perfect beachfront vacation villa