Providenciales, Turks and Caicos is a wonderful choice for your family’s beach vacation. Here are a few reasons to pick Provo for an unforgettable getaway for both you and the kids!
1) Ease of getting there. Provo has its own airport, which accommodates large commercial planes coming in from Miami, Atlanta, Charlotte, New York and much more. Many islands lie east of Turks and Caicos necessitating more time in the air; Provo is just an hour and a half away from Miami.
2) Medical services. Many islands have one doctor who travels amongst a handful of islands and if you have the need for medical services, you can only hope the doctor is on island at that time. On Provo, there are wonderful clinics for minor injuries and a full size hospital with state of the art medical equipment for more serious injuries. Hopefully, you don’t ever need to visit them, but it’s nice to know it’s there if you do!
3) Dining in is an option here. With kids, sometimes having meals at home makes more sense. Fortunately, there are two main grocery stores which carry whatever you will need to prepare food at home.
4) So much to do with kids! From parasailing, horseback riding on the beach, Undersea Exploring (in a clear hull boat), sailing, glass bottom boat tours, pirate excursions, and more. Your kids will not be bored. You would more likely run out of time before you run out of activities to do with the little ones!
5) Restaurants are kid friendly and casual. With only a very few exceptions, restaurants (of which there are over 75!), are more than happy to accommodate children and always seem to have menu items to suit a youngster’s palate.
6) Need a day to relax without kids? Provo is lucky enough to have a company called Surfside Ocean Academy, which offers kids camps, excursions, and even nanny services. Give them a try!
7) Compared to other islands (we won’t name names) where a dozen eggs costs over $9, Provo is comparatively less expensive. With some exceptions, such as beer (but remember, we are talking about kids here), most groceries are about 1.5 times more expensive than what we pay in the U.S.
So why leave the kids with a sitter? Bring them along to enjoy and explore all the fun and beauty Provo has to offer!